Student Trustee Application Requirements
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT WITH THE STUDENT TRUSTEE APPLICATION
Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications at the time the application is submitted
- Completed 24 college level credits at Bellevue College.
- Registered for at least 12 credits at the time of application.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Plan to be enrolled at Bellevue College as a full-time student (12 credits or more per quarter) for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Not on academic probation and in compliance with student conduct code requirements (Staff will check with the Student Conduct Officer for conduct concerns that may impact your application).
- Must attend the Board of Trustees Meeting once a month from June 2021 to June 2022
- Must live in the Bellevue College Service District: Bellevue, Issaquah, Mercer Island, North Bend. View a map of the Service Area.
- Available during summer 2021 for training and during the academic calendar year for monthly Board Trustee Meetings.
- For the 2021-2022 academic year, you cannot be employed by Bellevue College.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications (listed above). All of the following must be uploaded to complete your application.
- Cover Letter Your cover letter must not exceed two (2) pages, should be signed by the applicant and should be in a PDF format.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae Your resume must not exceed three (3) pages and should be in a PDF format. Please include relevant experience and activities in:
- Community Service
- Extracurricular Activities
- Leadership Experience
- Unofficial Transcript
- Academic Plan for the 2021-2022 academic year signed by an academic advisor.
- Letters of Recommendation At least two professional or academic (but no more than three) letters of reference pertaining to volunteer, academic, school or work-related activities (written on January 1, 2021 or later). Please include the contact information (Name, Phone Number, and Email Address) for these references, as the Governor’s Office will conduct reference checks.
Short Response Each response should be 200-300 words.
- Why are you applying for the Student Trustee position? What do you hope to accomplish as Student Trustee?
- Please explain what skills, strengths, and/or experiences you can utilize and apply in the Student Trustee position.
Essay Questions The answer for the entire question set should not exceed four (4) pages (one-sided), typewritten, double-spaced, 12-point font.
- Please explain your position on each of the following issues, be as specific as you can:
- Diversity in Bellevue College’s student population
- Engagement in student led organizations and programs
- One additional issue currently pertinent to BC students
- Consider the following scenario and answer the question below:
- Imagine you are now a member of the Bellevue College Board of Trustees and you disagree with the rest of the Board of Trustees on a particular issue. What would be your approach to addressing and persuading the Board of Trustees on this issue?
*Items that are submitted in addition to those listed above will not be taken into consideration to insure equity.
Upon selection as a finalist, you will be asked to:
- Complete the Gubernatorial Application for appointment to Board/Commission
- Sign a release to perform a Background check by the Washington State Patrol.
For more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 Student Trustee ApplicationApplication for the position of Bellevue College Student Trustee for the academic year 2021-2022.
Last Updated May 27, 2021