FYI is an acronym for “For Your Information.” Messages submitted to FYI will be emailed out to most Bellevue College employees in digest form, but subscription is optional, so some employees will not receive FYI messages.
All messages will be available to all Bellevue College employees and students on this website. As this website is freely available on the internet, messages will also be visible to the general public.
Messages are for college-related information in which most recipients might be interested.
- announcements for campus events
- information of general interest
- special requests to the college community.
Campus email users are automatically added to the “All BC-FYI” group when their email accounts are created. FYI membership was reset when we transitioned to the new system— users who previously opted out will need to opt out again.
If you do not want to receive FYI emails, you may opt out by following the instructions on opting out at the Help Desk website.
What sort of content should I send?
- First, consider the importance of the message to the recipients, not the sender; information should be of use to a majority of the campus community.FYI should only be used if the message will be of interest to the large majority of recipients. If not, a more closely targeted personal distribution list, or list of individual email addresses, should be used.
- All messages sent to this distribution list must be related to college business. For instance, retirement announcements are acceptable, while Girl Scout cookies or a TV for sale are not.
- No more than two [FYI] e-mails should be sent to the campus regarding any single event.
- Events should also be submitted to the Events Calendar.
- Large campus events may have two: one, an advance notice a week or two before, and the second a reminder the day before or day of the event.
- Routine events should have only one notice.
- FYI is not appropriate as a forum for personal or political statements.
Last Updated July 6, 2017